BARCELONA NONBINDING REFERENDUM ON INDEPENDENCE OF CATALONIA
Today there is a nonbinding referendum on independence of Catalonia. If you take into account that even the current president of Catalonia has voted and he has voted for independence it is very easy to notice how much the people of Barcelona want to get rid or not get rid of Spain: you just have to look at the percentage of voters.
I am afraid that after this nonbinding referendum people in Madrid will go to bed happier than ever. I wonder if this was what the nonbinding referendum was for.
- Deficits in Regions Compound Fears About Spain (nytimes.com)
- Spain’s Catalonia to launch 2.7 bln euro retail bond (reuters.com)
- The Catalans’ quandary (guardian.co.uk)
- Sumptuous Santa Maria del Mar in Barcelona Spain: Cathedral of the Sea (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Spain: why prosperous Catalans may beat rebellious Basques to the exit (guardian.co.uk)