THE ECONOMIST AND THE REAL VALUES OF FC BARCELONA
There is an article in THE ECONOMIST about FC BARCELONA. I just would like to point out some objections to the glorification of this club of my beloved city of Barcelona.
The arrival of Leo Messi and other young players to Barcelona La Masía it is obvious that it is a very good choice for FC BARCELONA but I have my doubts that it is fair for the rest of the world. To go through the world catching the futures promises of football does not seem to me to be good for the rest of the teams. Imagine that here in Catalonia we have a very young boy who plays very well and then it comes Qatar and takes this boy to Qatar. I wouldn’t like that.
So for me when Barça brings young boys to La Masía I feel it is acting unfairly. If FC BARCELONA was really “MORE THAN A CLUB” then it should try that young footballers do not need to leave its own country.
Secondly, I want to mention that FC BARCELONA current success with money is related to signing deals with a dictatorship. Qatar is a dictatorship (so that Al Jeezera famous Qatar tv channel does not like to talk about the protests in Bahrain, for example …) and in Qatar homosexuality is punished by prison. So, when people say that FC BARCELONA is “MORE THAN A CLUB” and show with proud how it was a symbol of resistence against fascist regime of Franco I just feel that it is very weird to put Barça as a fighter agaisnt the homophobic dictatorship of Franco when now it has deals with homophobic Qatar.
In summary for me FC BARCELONA just means one more homophobic football club which even has deals with the homophobic dictatorship of Qatar. And which ,unfortunaltely to me, has the same name that my beloved city of Barcelona.
For me Barça is too MÉS QUE UN CLUB (MORE THAN A CLUB). For me Barça is “MÉS QUE UN CLUB, UN MALSON” (MORE THAN A CLUB, A NIGHTMARE) A nightmare that Catalan public tv tries to sell each day during minutes and minutes as the masters of the world.
In order to know better the real values of CURRENT FC BARCELONA I leave you with the biography of Yusuf al-Qaradawi. The sponsors of FC BARCELONA tshirt, the QATAR FOUNDATION, has an award named after it! Yusuf al-Qaradawi believes in the killings of homosexuals. So, in football stadiums we do not only hear homophobic insults and we have teams where gay players have to hide. Now we even have a MORE THAN A CLUB team, Barça, who has in the front of its new tshirt, a foundation, the QATAR FOUNDATION, who gives an ward named after a radical islamist who asks for the killing of homosexuals, among other things as supporting terrorism of attacking the rights of women!:
- Qatar Foundation and FC Barcelona: The Future of the Catalan Football Club’s Jersey (teachtraveltaste.com)
- Kitman: Barcelona new home kit 2011/12 (offthepost.info)
- Random musings of footballers before they fall asleep… (sports.yahoo.com)
- Cause Marketing in Sports (sportsnetworker.com)
- Barcelona president Rosell wants Tottenham next in Champions League (tribalfootball.com)
- Real Madrid want to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester City for £150million (but Tevez still wants to leave) (101greatgoals.com)
- FC Barcelona Away Kit: The Men in Black! (bleacherreport.com)
- Qatar may be stripped of FIFA World Cup 2022: Blatter (indiavision.com)
- Nike Debuts New Barcelona Uniform (theoriginalwinger.com)
- Barça, Qatar Foundation, Islamic Brotherhood and Hamas (muigai.wordpress.com)
- Qatar Foundation to Obama: Don’t Impose Democracy (muigai.wordpress.com)