SHOULD THIS GAY BLOGGER FORGIVE TOM MACMASTER?
Now that we know that Amina was a hoax made by Tom MacMaster I see that there is a lot of rage against him. I have read http://gaymiddleeast.com/news/news%20317.htm where gay bloggers from Syria are quite unhappy with the hoax and one even says that he would sue him if he could.
So I am think about my reaction to this hoax. Should I join the ones who want to sue him or should I just forgive this American man?
For the things I know now it seems that I just should be enraged. He has put in danger lgbt people in Syria. And in fact he has acted in a way that is harmful for the lgbt worldwide community. On the other hand I still do not know detail of the reasons why he has made all this.
Compassion and pity makes me think I should forgive him but at the same time I must remember the lgbt community in Syria. If they cannot sue him, me living in a Western country maybe I could join forces in the West to sue this man.
Until I decide my position, I just hope to know more. But reading the text from the Syrian bloggers whose lives are at risk because of this hoax I think that Tom MacMaster should be brought to justice. Needless to say that his use of photos from a woman in London seems to be a very good reason to bring him to justice. Not all the people in this planet use photos of other people. Some have still a bit of dignity. Shame on Tom!
Well, no doubt that now thanks to Tom now you may doubt to that this is a blog made by a gay man.
- ‘Gay Girl In Damascus’ Blogger Defends Hoax (news.sky.com)
- Lesbian blog in Syria written by man, posting says (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- ‘A Gay Girl in Damascus’ Blog a Hoax (foxnews.com)
- U.S. man sorry for ‘Gay Girl in Damascus’ blog hoax (calgaryherald.com)
- Student defends Syria girl hoax (bbc.co.uk)
- A clear case of internet FRAUD! (circleh.wordpress.com)
- Student defends Syria girl hoax – BBC News (news.google.com)
- ‘Damascus gay girl’ blogger revealed as American man (bbc.co.uk)
- Syrian lesbian blogger is revealed conclusively to be a married man (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Damascus gay girl’ blogger revealed as American man – BBC News (news.google.com)
- Hoax: True Identity Of Lesbian Syrian Blogger Revealed (towleroad.com)
- A Moment in the Sun! (pikapvs.wordpress.com)
- ‘A Gay Girl in Damascus’ is a big Hoax (alhittin.wordpress.com)