It is news that David Cameron will ban aid to anti-gay nations. This is in high contrast with the FCBARCELONA TSHIRT who shows an ad from an ANTI-GAY nation: QATAR
This Saturday is a holiday in Barcelona. It is LA MERCÈ. But in this post I just wanted to comment that today there is an assembly in FC BARCELONA and they have to decide if they support the sponsorship by the QATAR FOUNDATION. As you may know Sandro Rosell, the president, and Pep Guardiola, have both supported the agreement.
- Sandro Rosell: Pep Guardiola is the greatest coach in the history of Barcelona (goal.com)
- Valencia 2-2 Barcelona: Emery gets the better of Guardiola early on, but Barca fight back (scissorskick.wordpress.com)
- FC Barcelona: 4 Players Who Need To Step Up in Andres Iniesta’s Absence (bleacherreport.com)
- Region’s First Pan-Arab Docu-Reality TV Program Dedicated to Innovation Returns for 3rd Series, Now on MBC4 (jazarah.net)
- World Soccer Daily: 10 stories you need to read, September 22nd (worldsoccer.com)
- Young Gulf Arab Women: Viewpoints on Western Influence (arabianmusings.wordpress.com)
This evening there is a free show in Sitges with Dana International! The second Sitges Gay Pride brings to this beautiful town the winner of Eurovision 1998 with Diva:
Today is news in Catalonia a new videogame made by a Barcelona videogame publisher with a gay hero: SuperGay & the Attack of his Ex-Girlfriends
This is a headline that can be read at http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/barcelona-gay-leaders-say-humiliated-at-israeli-airport-1.368505
I have never spoken to David Martí but I have seen him in Pride Barcelona and I have watched him in some videos last years because he is the one behind Pride Barcelona. It is true that in my blog I do not speak very well about Pride Barcelona but I am just critizising the commercial side of these prides. My words are not against Pride Barcelona in particular let alone David Martí! I just do not like the commercialization of gay rights!
Anyway, some minutes ago I was also writing a post about Tel Aviv as the guest of Pride Barcelona and now I have read this news. I do not know yet if the news have reached the Catalan media so I am going to write a post about this incident in Catalan now.
It seems that the treatment of David Martí and his partner were not nice but I think that when you think about Israel you always must think about security, security and security!
Some decades ago I also got a very hard control in Switzerland and I have never complaint!
I hope David Martí tells us more about the incident! He has a very impressive look and I wonder if the people at the airport confused his look – quite typical in the lgbt community! – with the look of a dangerous man!
Let me end by sending thousands of kisses to the lgbt community in Israel. I LOVE DANA INTERNATIONAL!
While FC BARCELONA makes deals with homophobic dictatorship of Qatar and it does nothing agaisnt homophobia, PRIDE BARCELONA has this year as a guest TEL AVIV. As you may remember ISRAEL was banned last year from ORGULLO GAY in Madrid so I wonder if all this is connected with all that. Last year it was TURKEY the guest at PRIDE BARCELONA.
- 2011 – Get ready for Tel Aviv’s Annual Pride Parade (lezgetreal.com)
- Tens of thousands participate in Tel Aviv’s gay pride parade (jta.org)
- Guardiola Visits Israel (muigai.wordpress.com)